This free Football Coach job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Football Coach to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Football Coach Job Summary
We are looking for an experienced Football Coach to oversee our football program. You will determine the best strategies to lead the players through a successful season. In collaboration with the assistant coaches, you will organize daily practices, create offense and defense strategies, and provide support and encouragement to the players. You will also monitor the health and physical well-being of the students to ensure they can perform on the field and avoid injury. Our ideal candidate has played football at the collegiate level and has some coaching experience.
Football Coach Duties and Responsibilities
- Hold tryouts and create a roster from eligible student-athletes
- Develop strategies around your players’ skills
- Lead daily practices to improve your players’ performance
- Travel with the team to away games
- Provide leadership from the sidelines during games
Football Coach Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or a related field
- Experience coaching at the high school level or higher
- Experience playing football at the collegiate level (preferred)
- Strong leadership and communication skills