This free Fire Chief job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Fire Chief to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Fire Chief Job Summary
We are looking for an experienced Fire Chief to lead our fire department. In this position, you will oversee all operations; your job duties will include hiring and training new staff, establishing and maintaining a budget, and ensuring fast and efficient responses to calls. Our ideal candidate has a mix of administrative skills and practical fire fighting experience. You should have an associate degree in fire science, active EMT certification, and several years in a supervisory role. You also need strong leadership and management skills.
Fire Chief Duties and Responsibilities
- Hire and train new firefighters
- Set a budget for necessary supplies and wages
- Work with the local government assess community needs
- Set work schedules
- Request new or upgraded equipment and vehicles
Fire Chief Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate degree in fire science
- EMT certification
- Several years of experience in positions with increasing leadership responsibilities
- Strong communication, leadership, and management skills