This free Fabrication Technician job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Fabrication Technician to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Fabrication Technician Job Summary
We are currently seeking a Fabrication Technician to join our team. In this role, you will use various techniques to fabricate metal items, including welding, drilling, grinding, and sawing. Since these items are often used in production, you must be able to read technical drawings and ensure each project is completed correctly. Applicants should have some fabrication or welding experience, although we are willing to train the right candidate with a strong work ethic. All applicants must also be able to pass a drug screening.
Fabrication Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Fabricate metal items using various techniques, such as welding, drilling, grinding, and sawing
- Read and interpret technical drawings
- Troubleshoot issues with the fabrication or equipment
- Follow OSHA safety guidelines
Fabrication Technician Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate (preferred)
- Fabrication or welding experience
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods