This free Executive Sous Chef job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Executive Sous Chef to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Executive Sous Chef Job Summary
Our restaurant is searching for an Executive Sous Chef to take on a leadership position in our kitchen. In this position, you will work under the executive chef, supervising the kitchen and ensuring smooth communication between the front-of-house and back-of-house staff. You will also train the line cooks and check their work to make sure it meets our high standards. Our ideal applicant has a degree or certificate in culinary arts, but we are willing to work with anyone that has the necessary skills and experience.
Executive Sous Chef Duties and Responsibilities
- Train the kitchen staff
- Inspect the kitchen for health and safety violations
- Check the quality of the line cooks’ work
- Communicate with the front-of-house staff
- Cook dishes yourself during rushes
Executive Sous Chef Requirements and Qualifications
- Culinary arts degree or equivalent kitchen experience
- Excellent cooking and food preparation skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Communication skills