This free ETL Developer job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced ETL Developer to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
ETL Developer Job Summary
Our organization is currently seeking an ETL Developer. In this role, you will use your knowledge of data warehousing and architecture to develop ETL solutions and help automate our data extraction, transformation, and loading processes. You will develop source-to-target mapping that outlines how to convert data from the source system to the target system. You will also collaborate with stakeholders to determine the data requirements that are necessary to support our business processes and outline these requirements through data modeling. Applicants must have experience with SQL relational databases and ETL tools.
ETL Developer Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement ETL solutions, updating the architecture of our databases as necessary
- Develop or update SQL queries and scripts
- Work with business stakeholders to assist with data modeling, or outlining the data requirements to support our business processes
- Develop source-to-target mapping, or data transformation instructions that outline how to convert data in the source system to the target system as well as map the data values
- Test databases and troubleshoot any issues
ETL Developer Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with SQL/relational databases
- Experience working with DBMS and ETL tools
- Familiarity with Agile approaches to development a plus
- Problem-solving and analytical skills