This free Entry-Level Accountant job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Entry-Level Accountant to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Entry-Level Accountant Job Summary
We are seeking a qualified, motivated individual to join our company as an Entry-Level Accountant. As part of our accounting team, you support senior accounting professionals with tracking and reporting key financial information vital to our ongoing operations and success. You accurately enter data into our secure database, analyze information trends according to departmental needs, and compile reports that senior accountants can present to decision-makers and leadership within the organization. Our ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, and CPA credentials are strongly desired. You should also have excellent problem-solving, organizational, and math skills.
Entry-Level Accountant Duties and Responsibilities
- Work under the direction of senior accountants
- Accurately perform data entry tasks
- Analyze data sets for relevant patterns and financial indicators
- Compile reports on organizational finances to be used by senior leadership
- Perform internal audits of budgets and expenses
Entry-Level Accountant Requirements and Qualifications
- At least an associate degree in accounting; bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- CPA licensure strongly preferred
- Experience within a corporate accounting setting
- Strong math, organizational, and problem-solving skills