This free DevOps Engineer job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced DevOps Engineer to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
DevOps Engineer Job Summary
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to program and incorporate new codes into our software products. In this position, you will write codes for patches, updates, and bug fixes to not only keep our product running, but also to keep it fresh and invigorating for our customers. That makes this position one with diverse responsibilities. You will also test the product to ensure all the pieces are functional and work with various departments to determine what needs to be incorporated into the software. Our ideal applicant has a bachelor’s degree in computer science and experience in both software development and systems operations.
DevOps Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Test software to ensure it works with various systems
- Determine what areas need to have updates or repairs
- Write code to address these areas
- Perform health checks on the software to ensure it stays up and running
DevOps Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Software development experience
- Systems operations experience
- Familiarity with various programming languages; certification preferred
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail