This free Credentialing Specialist job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Credentialing Specialist to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Credentialing Specialist Job Summary
We are looking for a Credentialing Specialist to ensure that all of our medical staff members have the necessary qualifications for their position. This will involve looking into their work and education history, confirming their certifications with the appropriate organizations, and keeping track of expiration dates and renewals. You must also stay up-to-date on industry regulations and company policies to make sure our employees keep up with any changes. Our ideal specialist has an associate degree in a field like health information management and experience in medical administration.
Credentialing Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
- Confirm the education and work history of our employees
- Audit potential hires to ensure they meet our standards
- Keep track of expiration dates and let employees know when they need to renew
- Update company standards when regulations change
- Keep a database of all employee credentials
Credentialing Specialist Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Associate degree in a medical administration field (preferred)
- Administrative experience
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Strong research and organizational skills