This free Construction Inspector job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Construction Inspector to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Construction Inspector Job Summary
We are currently looking for a Construction Inspector who is familiar with standard construction practices, methods, materials, and equipment. This role involves inspecting work to ensure compliance with regulatory standards as well as project specifications. You will also perform tests or gather test samples to verify the quality of materials being used for each project. Applicants should have a degree in engineering or construction management, or equivalent experience working on large commercial and residential construction projects. You should also have a valid driver’s license, as your duties will require you to visit and evaluate various worksites.
Construction Inspector Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect construction work to ensure compliance with building standards and project specifications
- Review plans to identify potential violations
- Document inspections and report any issues
- Determine the quality of materials being used through testing
Construction Inspector Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management (preferred)
- Residential or commercial construction experience
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Bilingual communication skills (preferred)
- Attention to detail