This free Configuration Manager job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Configuration Manager to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Configuration Manager Job Summary
Our organization is currently seeking a Configuration Manager to help us ensure that the performance, function, and appearance of our products are consistent. This involves managing the functional requirements, design, and operational information throughout each product’s lifecycle. You will also develop migration plans and help oversee deployment. Applicants should have a bachelor’s or master’s degree as well as experience with configuration management tools.
Configuration Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute CM throughout the project lifecycle, including development, migration, deployment, and security
- Oversee the daily management of configuration items
- Review migration plans
- Review and update configuration management processes
- Ensure that IT staff members follow CM processes
Configuration Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field
- Master’s degree a plus
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Experience managing complex IT projects
- Strong analytical skills