This free Commodity Manager job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Commodity Manager to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Commodity Manager Job Summary
We are looking for a Commodity Manager to purchase goods and raw materials for our company. In this position, you will pay close attention to the market to determine how much of a certain product we need and find the best vendor to supply it. Your overall goal is to save us money to increase our profit margins, but you must also make sure that your purchases are in compliance with company policy. Our ideal applicant has a bachelor’s degree in business or economics and several years of experience in procurement. You also need a strong understanding of supply chains and logistics.
Commodity Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess what materials we need for our operations
- Follow the market to determine how much we need
- Secure the best contracts from a vendor
- Make suggestions for the purchase of other goods or investments
- Adjust your suggestions per market changes
Commodity Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or economics
- Procurement experience
- Experience with supply chains and logistics
- Strong market analysis skills
- Excellent communication abilities