This free Chaplain job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Chaplain to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Chaplain Job Summary
We are seeking an experienced, passionate Chaplain to collaborate with our spiritual guidance team in creating a positive, supportive environment for people to develop and explore their own spiritualities. Our organization values the growth and comfort provided by religious investigation; your enthusiasm and experience may just be the perfect fit to help us create a holistic and nurturing environment, especially for those experiencing sudden changes, grief, or illness.
Chaplain Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide spiritual services and guidance while respecting people’s unique experiences in order to create meaningful relationships
- Collaborate with the spiritual care team to create robust educational programs regarding practical theology
- Create an open and inviting environment, reflecting diverse life experiences, free of judgment
- Counsel distressed and bereaved individuals and families while providing helpful strategies for understanding and healing
Chaplain Requirements and Qualifications
- Master of Divinity from an accredited seminary or university
- Experience in direct ministry and counseling; roles as a youth minister or pastor is a plus
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Experience in hospice care or working in a clinic or hospital with those experiencing illness or disability
- Ability to respect and embrace the unique perspectives and experiences of those with whom you engage