This free Billing Specialist job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Billing Specialist to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Billing Specialist Job Summary
Our organization is looking for a Billing Specialist to assist with accounts receivable. In this position, you issue invoices, post payments to accounts, assist with collections on past-due accounts and reconcile billing discrepancies. You will also verify billing information for new clients and place holds on services for existing clients if their information is out of date. Applicants must have an associate degree or an equivalent amount of billing experience. Since you may have to follow up with multiple funding sources, phone communication skills are essential.
Billing Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft and issue invoices or billing statements
- Process or post payments
- Assist with collections on past-due accounts
- Reconcile billing issues or complaints
- Verify billing information for new clients
Billing Specialist Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Associate degree preferred
- Billing experience (1-2 years preferred)
- Familiarity with basic industry terminology
- Phone communication skills