This free Athletic Director job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Athletic Director to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Athletic Director Job Summary
Our school seeks an Athletic Director to comprehensively run our sports program, providing insight on strategy and direction for coaches, staff, and athletes. In this role, you will manage budgets, implement recruiting initiatives, and oversee benchmarks and staff scheduling while ensuring compliance with national policies. Our ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree in sports management or physical education, relevant work experience, and excellent interpersonal skills. Having a passion for sports and for helping to shape young student-athletes is also expected of our candidates.
Athletic Director Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic direction for our school’s sports program
- Collaborate and lead coaches, staff, and athletes
- Oversee the program budget, benchmarks, and staff scheduling
- Administer recruiting initiatives
- Work with regulatory agencies, such as the NCAA, to ensure our school complies with mandates
- Make decisions regarding athlete disciplinary issues
Athletic Director Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management or physical education
- Completion of a relevant internship to gain experience
- Work experience as a coach, trainer, or coaching assistant
- Passion for sports and helping athletes succeed
- Interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills