This free Associate Buyer job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Associate Buyer to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Associate Buyer Job Summary
Our company seeks an Associate Buyer to work as part of our supply chain and logistics department, helping with inventory management, reconciling issues with deliveries, and purchasing high-quality products at a low cost. In this role, you also track and analyze economic trends and participate in forecasting consumer needs. We will consider applicants who have relevant buying experience in various industries, such as big-box stores, specialty shops, grocery stores, medical or commercial insurance, or manufacturing.
Associate Buyer Duties and Responsibilities
- Help manage inventory and develop merchandising plans
- Purchase high-quality products with cost efficiency in mind
- Resolve delivery-related issues or mishaps
- Analyze industry trends
Associate Buyer Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- Professional experience procuring goods
- Basic computer proficiency
- Knowledge of business administration and inventory management software
- Strong communication and negotiation skills