This free Architectural Project Manager job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Architectural Project Manager to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Architectural Project Manager Job Summary
Our firm is currently seeking an Architectural Project Manager to oversee a variety of large-scale commercial and residential projects. In this role, you will act as the primary contact for our clients from the very beginning of the design phase through the end of construction. It is essential that you ensure that the goal or intent of the design is achieved, fulfilling our client’s expectations and ensuring the building follows all structural codes and construction standards. This involves verifying the accuracy and completeness of all drawings and specifications as well as communicating with the contractors on the project. Applicants should be a licensed or registered architect with prior experience.
Architectural Project Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the architectural process from initial design to the completion of construction
- Manage the project team to ensure that client specifications and expectations are fulfilled
- Review funds and estimates for assigned projects
- Maintain project files, including correspondence, drawings, and material samples
- Communicate with clients and contractors regarding changes
Architectural Project Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture (through a program accredited by the NCARB)
- Master’s degree a plus
- Licensed or Registered Architect (RA) strongly preferred
- Experience working in architecture, preferably for a high-volume firm (5-10 years)
- Proficiency with 2D and 3D CAD tools
- Familiarity with building codes and construction standards