This free administrative staff job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced administrative staff to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Administrative Staff Job Summary
We are seeking an experienced, energetic, and organized Administrative Staff member to join our growing team. In this position, you will provide administrative and secretarial support for the vice-president and department. In addition to data-entry, report-writing, filing and scheduling, you will perform duties such as payroll, coordinate direct mailings and work on special projects. Other duties will include scheduling complex activities, meetings and events.
Administrative Staff Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform basic bookkeeping activities.
- Plan meetings and conference calls and arrange and manage meetings.
- Take and distribute meeting minutes.
- Maintain electronic and physical files.
- Maintain weekly schedules of employees.
- Organize and provide documents, reports and information.
- Coordinate work space, computer, and supplies for new employees with IT department.
- Maintain and reorder office supplies.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Resolve administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and finding solutions.
- Respond to emails on behalf of the Vice-President.
- Act as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including other staff such as CEO and President, when directed.
- Work independently and within a team on special projects, which could include presentations, mailings, or proofreading.
Administrative Staff Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of associate’s degree in business administration.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles.
- Strong English-language skills, including writing, grammar and spelling.
- Experience with accounting software.
- Personal effectiveness and credibility.
- Data entry with strict attention to detail.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to keep records and files organized.
- Competent collaborator and skilled cross-functional communicator.
- Strong time manager with respect for deadlines.
- Ability to identify errors and solve problems.
- Decisive and critical thinker.
Similar Job Titles
- Senior Executive Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Senior Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Project Assistant/Coordinator
- Office Manager
- Office Clerk
- Data Entry Specialist