Just when we thought Fridays couldn’t get any better, this Friday—March 5, 2021—marks Employee Appreciation Day. It’s a time for companies to recognize and honor the contributions their workers make on a daily basis.
Like Mother’s Day and Thanksgiving, we believe that Employee Appreciation Day should be celebrated everyday. Employees are a company’s greatest asset, and providing incentives year-round boosts morale and encourages worker engagement.
To get the ball rolling, we took a look at some popular incentives provided by employers on ZipRecruiter.
1. Birthday PTO
Most employees appreciate receiving a birthday cake in the office breakroom, but an even better gift is providing them with the day off to eat cake anywhere they want.
- See ZipRecruiter postings that offer birthday PTO
2. Volunteer Days
Community service days bring employees together outside the office while giving back to your office’s local community.
- See ZipRecruiter postings that offer paid volunteer days
3. Donation Matching
When employers chip in to support causes that are important to their workers, it helps employees increase the impact of their charitable contributions.
- See ZipRecruiter postings that offer donation matching
4. Paid Sabbatical
Providing an extended amount of time for employees to focus on other work or passions while still receiving support can be a very popular way to reward them for their loyalty.
- See ZipRecruiter postings that offer paid sabbaticals
5. Tuition Reimbursement
Paying for classes doesn’t just make for happier workers, it deepens their connection to the company and makes for more skilled employees.
- See ZipRecruiter postings that offer tuition reimbursement
6. Free Lunch
Free communal meals give employees a break, as well as an excuse to gather and exchange ideas.
- See ZipRecruiter postings that offer free lunch
7. Casual Dress
Letting employees decide how to dress enables them to express their creativity, which can be reflected in their work as well.
- See ZipRecruiter postings that offer casual dress
8. Unlimited Vacation
PTO policies that encourage employees to structure their own time off imbues a level of trust and appreciation.
- See ZipRecruiter postings that offer unlimited vacation
9. Pet Insurance
Most people consider their pets part of their families. Pet insurance can help your employees avoid unexpected financial shocks and take care of their fur babies’ health.
- See ZipRecruiter postings that offer pet insurance
10. Dog-Friendly Offices
When companies allow dogs to come to the office everyday, or on particular occasions, it can create a more relaxed and joyful work environment.
- See ZipRecruiter postings that offer dog-friendly offices
11. Team Outings
Activities that take place outside the office, even if they are technically unrelated to work, help build morale and create closer-knit teams.
- See ZipRecruiter postings that offer team outings
12. Spot Bonuses
Incentive programs or cash bonuses are a way to enable managers and colleagues to show co-workers that their work is valued.
- See ZipRecruiter postings that offer spot bonuses
13. Gym Memberships
Promoting employee fitness and wellness encourages good habits and a healthy workforce.
- See ZipRecruiter postings that offer gym memberships
14. Film Nights
At the office or in a movie theater, film nights are fun ways for employees—and their families, if invited—to bond around new experiences together.
- See ZipRecruiter postings that offer movie nights