The end of the year is one of my favorite times, and not just because it’s filled with family, food, and fun. I also love it because it’s a time for reflection and improvement — we reflect on the past so that we can take action for a better future.
At ZipRecruiter, we believe in working not only to better our products and services, but also to better our community and world. For the second year in a row, we acted on this belief by supporting numerous educational projects on DonorsChoose.org. Here’s an overview of what we did:
- 55: The number of DonorsChoose projects funded by ZipRecruiter
- 4,000: The number of students who will benefit from the projects this year alone
- $3,000: The amount given to teachers in Newtown, Conn.
- $3,000: The amount donated to classrooms affected by Hurricane Sandy
- $25,000: The total amount donated in 2012
High poverty students from preschool through twelfth grade will benefit from a number of funded projects, including:
- Multicultural & anti-bullying literature
- Resources for students with learning disabilities
- Resources for young, dual language classes to learn Mandarin
- Cameras for a struggling yearbook program
- Calculators, interactive math games, & math manipulatives
- A vacuum for a school with no janitorial services
- SAT prep books
- No Fear Shakespeare — a companion book to make Shakespeare more accessible to English Language Learners
While the holidays may have passed, it’s never a bad time to give to those in need. If you haven’t done so already, why not contribute to a worthy cause like DonorsChoose.org?