This article provides a roundup of recent news stories related to employment. Team ZipRecruiter will share frequent updates.
- In a vote on Friday, Amazon workers at a warehouse in Alabama rejected unionization by more than a 2-to-1 margin.
- The Biden Administration hoped to release federal Covid-19 workplace safety rules by mid-March but OSHA has missed this deadline.
- Online job postings have surged in recent weeks, but labor force participation has been slow to rebound.
- The University of Maryland joins a long list of universities, local governments, and hospitals that have now lifted their year-long hiring freezes.
- Olive Garden restaurants are raising pay and offering one-time bonuses as restaurant dining rebounds in an effort to attract workers. Kroger is raising pay to $16 per hour, while Walmart and Costco are raising hourly wages above $15.
- Bolthouse Farms is offering workers $500 bonuses to get the Covid-19 vaccine.
- The Canadian economy added 303,000 jobs in March, according to a blockbuster jobs report.