Digital Media Manager
The Communications & Marketing Department of Van Andel Institute provides a clear image and consistent message about the Institute's brand and mission. We focus on the work of our scientists dedicated to studying cancer, neurodegenerative disease, and epigenetics at Van Andel Research Institute, and our educators changing the way science is taught and learned.
We are looking to add an integral member to our team who will join a fast paced department and be able to juggle multiple and evolving priorities.
We are a small, agile, and cross-functional team ? so we need a dynamic self-starter to hit the ground running and work well in a fluid, collaborative setting!
As a Digital Media Manager on our team, you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining VAI's core digital platforms and infrastructure to work in tandem with Communications and Development efforts. You will also bring specialized knowledge and skills to the application and integration of all digital infrastructure and communications channels.
Duties include, but not limited to:
Managing Digital Infrastructure and Channels
* Develop a strategy to better integrate VAI's digital infrastructure ? social media, website, email campaigns, fundraising activities and CMS/CRMs (Convio), etc. ? and lead the drive to implement across VAI.
* Work with the Communications & Marketing and Development teams to coordinate and generate content that can be adapted for use across multiple platforms ? social media, emails, blogs etc ? including graphic design, video editing and basic coding.
* Coordinate digital efforts for communications and fundraising, assess performance using analytic tools, and recommend ? and implement ? new strategies and tactics based on results.
* Monitor performance and suggest approaches, campaigns, and tools to improve VAI's digital infrastructure ? website, social media, fundraising, Convio etc ? and strategy. Implement changes and report on progress on a regular basis.
* Work with Communications & Marketing group and Development team on continuous improvements to digital marketing and fundraising channels.
* Perform basic coding on a project basis.
* Perform system implementation and training for usersfor both marketing and development digital systems, including email marketing systems and online donations.
* Ensure that external messages follow established guidelines, policies and assure that messages are consistent.
* Manage the end-to-end analytics workflow: the collection of data, the reporting of performance, the identification of insights & opportunities, and the integration of data in our products & marketing.
* Work with stakeholders to understand business objectives, define key performance indicators based on those objectives, and provide relevant data, including analysis and insights for actionable items and opportunities to improve.
The Education and Skills We Expect You to Possess:
* A minimum of a bachelor's degree in digital marketing or digital media, computer science or a related field is required. Advanced degrees are also beneficial.
* Proficient in HTML, CSS and web design. Proficient with using Photoshop or Illustrator and video editing software to quickly produce professional-looking products for online and offline distribution.
* Well-versed in Google Analytics and other analytics tools (e.g., Nielsen, comScore, various social analytics tools such as Facebook Insights, Chartbeat) to mine data, create reports and provide insights.
* Proficient in major Social Media channels and related integration tools.
* Familiarity with Blackbaud/Convio products or similar enterprise-level CMS and CRM products.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Experience proposing, implementing and managing digital advertising campaigns.
* Relational and leadership skills are required to successfully work with clients, vendors, and staff from other areas of the company.
* Nonprofit experience would be preferable.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as a single combined PDF file.
In your cover letter, please outline your skills and experience in digital integration and communications, your future career goals, and how these factors fit with the position described.
VAI is actively striving to diversify its workforce and strongly encourages qualified individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. Van Andel Institute is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer.
This position will be open until filled. If you have any difficulty uploading your application or any questions, please email Eric Miller at email@example.com.
Posted by StartWire