GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
In this role, the Training Specialist will be responsible for the design, delivery, and continuous improvement of virtual training programs within USCAN University. Also executes training programs, develops reinforcements where necessary and evaluates outcomes.
Work with the subject matter experts in the Product & Commercial Training teams to create world-class virtually delivered classes and programs internally. Understand business needs and developments and adapt training methods as needed.
Provide support to improve and enhance the design, development and implementation of online and hybrid courses within Product and Commercial training. Work with subject matter experts to gather the necessary information to develop and deliver training material
Apply assessment tools to measure training effectiveness.
Collaborate regularly with Commercial and Product training colleagues as well as with external partners to maintain organized records of class participants. Effectively maintain the training database and strive to utilize all the capabilities of the system
Assess and recommend new technologies and tools in instructional technology as they become available.
Provide training and support to Product and Commercial instructors in developing, teaching and revising online and hybrid courses.
Possess specialized knowledge of online and virtual training
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related learning and development field
- 5 or more years experience as training specialist or learning and development role
- Specialized knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of designing, developing, delivering and evaluating educational programs with clear expertise in Virtual and Hybrid training and technology use.
- Assess technology and identify advantages and limitations of using various technologies for instructional purposes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of organization and time management skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Healthcare experience and knowledge
- Work planning, delegating, coaching and evaluating virtual training programs.
- Expertise in Adobe learning platforms strongly desired.
- Milwaukee or Chicago area work location preferred
**Locations:** United States; Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, U.S., Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming; Wauwatosa