Manager - Corporate Security-10661
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are the largest electric and gas utility in Michigan with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America. We are a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan with businesses in 26 different states.
DTE Energy's utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
We care for our employees and prioritize their health and safety first. Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
* Gallup Great Workplace Award for 3 consecutive Years! (2013, 2014 and 2015)
* Metropolitan Detroit's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
* J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
* Professional Women's Magazine/Black EOE Journal "Best of the Best"
* Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
* Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
* Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Manages the investigative function within Corporate Security to ensure investigations are handled in a timely, effective, and professional manner.
* Directs all facets of proactive and reactive investigative casework initiated by or assigned to the team, working in close coordination with the Director – Chief Security Officer
* Maintains strong relationships with key business partners in Human Resources, Legal, Compliance and other areas.
* Develops and enforces standards for investigations, investigative performance, and quality control.
* Acts as liaison for relationship with law enforcement, regulatory agencies and professional security groups.
* Serves as a lead investigative resource for extremely sensitive/non-routine matters and functions as the point of contact for engagement and coordination of outside resources, when needed.
* Tracks and keeps familiar with evolving, state-of-the-art investigative tools and techniques.
* Provides overall leadership and direct departmental and individual growth of staff members, while promoting skill set development, including research, investigative, analytical, and communication skills.
* Manages and prioritizes individual and group case workload, as well as screen and hire new consultants.
* Reviews investigative reports prepared by staff to ensure the accuracy, thoroughness, and relevancy of the information presented to business partners.
* Prepares and submits performance reports that measure effectiveness and performance. Works with business units to create proactive measures to decrease security related incidents
* Required: Bachelor's degree
* Required: A minimum of 10 years of progressive investigative experience
* Required: 3 years of supervisory experience.
* Required: Must be able to obtain, complete and maintain qualifications for a Michigan Concealed Pistol License (due to executive security responsibilities) and maintain annual qualification with a firearm.
* Preferred: Particular experience in either a top tier law enforcement or financial industry regulatory agency, or accounting firm (audit, tax, litigation support/consulting)
or major litigation practice is a significant plus.
* Preferred: Advanced degree or professional licenses such as Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Protection Professional
* Preferred: Minimum 5 years of fraud related investigation experience
* Proven ability to create countermeasures to prevent reoccurring issues
* Demonstrated strength in practices, principles and techniques supporting criminal, financial, business and employment investigations.
* Demonstrated ability to conduct research on a wide range of investigative issues, including complex and high profile investigations, to include media, internet, court records, regulatory and licensing sources.
* Demonstrated experience with analytical software tools and programs is highly desirable.
* Proven fact gathering capabilities, along with strong quantitative and qualitative assessment skills for information obtained, in all forms, are required.
* Demonstrated track record of solving complex issues using sound judgment in a self-directed manner.
* Experience in fact gathering and fact finding interviews.
* Strong motivational skills and the ability to elicit maximum quality and productivity while fostering an environment of commitment and skills development through personal example and influence.
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
* Experienced and comfortable delivering both planned and ad hoc presentations.
* Able to secure the support of senior management within business units
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize varying combinations of the competencies cited in this description, depending on the organization and role to which they're assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the right of any supervisor or management representative to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Title: Manager - Corporate Security
Primary Location: Michigan-Detroit
Requisition ID: 10661