NOTE: Candidates must apply through this link: http://smrtr.io/1coU5A. Only submissions that include a resume and cover letter will be considered.
Prestwick House is an established ELA publisher led by a tight-knit team of educators, administrators, and language enthusiasts who are passionate about the study of English Language Arts and its potential to change students' lives for the better.
We are currently seeking candidates for three positions, all of which require strong backgrounds in 6-12 ELA education and/or publishing: Curriculum Specialist and Content Writer, Senior Editor, and Content Writer. This listing is for the position of Content Writer. All three positions offer a competitive salary and robust benefits package.
- Write wide variety of high-quality, high-engagement ELA instructional content for our print and digital platforms
- Work closely with editorial group and Curriculum Specialist to ensure that all content is pedagogically sound and aligned with company’s educational goals
- Ensure that all content meets our high standards of editorial excellence, with focus on instructional quality, clarity, and engagement
- Contribute creatively and intellectually to dedicated team of writers and editors
- Partner with editorial team and company leadership to initiate, conceptualize, and develop print and digital learning solution and products
- BA in English, English lit, education, or related field
- 3+ years as writer of educational/instructional content; experience in educational publishing or ed tech preferred
- Middle/high school classroom experience a plus
- Experience in (and passion for) education technology and digital learning a plus
- Understanding of ELA instructional practices, curriculum, and CCSS a plus
- Market knowledge and understanding of product financials a plus
- Positive attitude and commitment to teamwork
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in informal but deadline-driven environment
- Self-motivated and highly organized, with exceptional follow-through, initiative, and commitment to excellence
- Desire to be part of a team that’s changing the future of ELA education!
Candidates within commuting distance of our Delaware office—roughly equidistant between Philadelphia and Baltimore/DC—are strongly preferred. Remote arrangement considered for outstanding candidate. (Requires regular travel to our DE office, so ideally, no farther than a 2-hour flight away.)
If you believe you’re the right person for the job, please submit a resume and compelling cover letter (with salary requirement) here: http://smrtr.io/1coU5A . If we see a potential match, we’ll contact you.