The School Psychologistprovides
psychological evaluation services including, but not limited to, assessments, reports, providing related educational recommendations, consultation, therapy, and any other applicable educational services for students of the school.
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ensures all newly received documents (evaluation team reports, etc.) are compliant; Takes the necessary steps to ensure compliance when necessary; Ensures all existing documents are compliant following the guidelines set forth by the state;
* Administers academic and other assessments to currently enrolled students per mandated time frames;
* Leads evaluation team report meetings; Participates in the school's intervention assistance team;
* Assists the Special Education Director in developing/leading/participating
in professional development for the general education staff, special education staff, and parents of students in special education programs; Works closely with guidance counselors to provide training in various emotional health areas;
* Keeps abreast of all changing legislative issues impacting special education eligibility.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The below statements are intended to help describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned.
* Assists with the implementation of school, procedures and projects;
* Serves on school committees; participates in professional development sessions;
* Assists with national K12 efforts including participation in special projects and/or task-forces, developing policies and procedures and training.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
* Master's degree AND
* Previous experience as a school psychologist
Certificates and Licenses:Current state certification/licensure
in school psychology.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Ability to pass required background check
* Ability to travel throughout the state in order to administer assessments, and outside of the state for professional development opportunities
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
* Back to K12 Home
Copyright © K12 Inc. All rights reserved. K12 is a registered trademark of K12 Inc. The K12 logo and other marks referenced herein are trademarks of K12 Inc., and other marks are owned by third parties.