About the UX Team
Come and join the largest and fastest growing UX team in Thomson Reuters! We are a highly-diverse, multi-disciplinary team of over 45 smart, self-driven UX professionals that take great pride in our work, and love the challenge of turning complex problems and constraints into elegant solutions that meet our users' needs. Our dedicated, open workspace is ideal for promoting an agile, collaborative, supportive environment where diverse thinking, innovative design and experimentation is welcomed and encouraged. Our work focuses on a large portfolio of cloud-based, data-driven applications for the Legal market that gross over $3.5B annually, and range in size and scale from months to multiple years.
About the Role
As an Accessibility Specialist, you will be helping to ensure that all customers can access and use our products. You will help develop policies and guidelines for Thomson Reuters as well as work with the team to influence WCAG standards, evaluate and provide accessible solutions for web based and mobile products, as well as assist in educating and promoting the practice of building products with accessibility in mind, including using accessibility tools and techniques.
What Makes this a Unique Opportunity
Thomson Reuters participates in the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium), which creates the standards for the web, including accessibility standards. The UX Accessibility team participates in the WCAG working group (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines), which is part of the W3C. You will have the unique opportunity to be a thought leader in cutting edge evolution of accessibility standards.
* BA/BS in information science, information design, computer science, human computer interaction (HCI), instructional design, quality assurance, learning technology, assistive technology, related field or equivalent industry training / experience.
* Experience conducting accessibility evaluations and usability testing for accessibility.
* Knowledge of Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) guidelines and specifications, minimally must be fluent in WCAG 2.0 guidelines. Helpful to know WAI-ARIA, UAAG, and ATAG specifications.
* Knowledge of assistive technologies and accessibility-related software including JAWS®, NVDA, VoiceOver, Window-Eyes, ZoomText, MAGic®, Dragon® NaturallySpeaking or other speech recognition software.
* 3+ years working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative development environment with experience in large, complex software or web applications.
* Ability to work collaboratively and productively both with diverse teams and independently.
Knowledge and Skills
* Be capable of conducting comprehensive accessibility testing with assistance against the WCAG 2.0 (AA) Success Criteria and the updated Section 508 federal requirements using the following methodologies: visual analysis; screen reader reviews; color sampling; keyboard only; gesture only; and code reviews.
* Knowledge of user-centered design principles and tools.
* Familiarity with Agile development practices.
* Ability to provide implementation directions and requirements for UX Design and Front End Development teams.
* Knowledge regarding how to format PDFs to be accessible.
* Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
* Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Strong presentation skills.
* Can-do attitude.
What You Get to Do
* Interact with and provide direction to technology, content, and product development teams.
* Cooperate with other departments to ensure consistency and quality across the platform.
Assistive Technology users strongly encouraged to apply.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Req #: JREQ080531
Locations: Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Job Function: Technology Development