Junior Software Developer
Zookbinders is seeking a full time Junior Software Developer. Reporting to the Director of IT, the Junior Software Developer is an integral part of the Zookbinders operations. The Junior Software Developer is responsible for developing, extending, and maintain software that runs our business. This includes the development of custom applications, data-driven reports, dashboards, and public and internal-facing web applications.
This position will be primarily developing software using the Microsoft platform (Visual Studio, .NET, ASP, and SQL Server 2008 R2).
Specific duties include the following:
· Assisting with development of ecommerce websites for both customers and employees.
· Developing and maintaining existing dashboards to translate business data into Key Performance Indicators for management personal.
· Consulting with supervisor, systems analysts, other programmers, and end users to gather information about program intent, functions, features, data requirements, input requirements, output requirements, internal and external checks and controls, hardware and operating system environment, and interfaces with other systems.
· Assists in the complete software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, coding, unit testing, debugging, and documentation.
· Applying best-practice methods in software development, including proper documentation, tool selection, and testing.
· BS/BA in technology related field
· 3+ years software development experience
· 3+ years programming experience using C++, VB.NET, or C#.
· 1+ years Web Development experience using ASP.Net, Java-script, and HTML.
· 1+ years database experience using SQL Selects, Updates, Inserts, and Joins.
· Ability to develop visually appealing, streamlined, effective, and intuitive applications.
· Ability to work independently and on a team
No visa sponsorship available. Candidate must be local to the Chicagoland area.
Zookbinders is an E-verify employer.
No third party recruiting needed*
Zookbinders Inc., located in Deerfield, Illinois, is a high quality manufacturer of custom photo albums serving professional photographers. Since our inception in 1995, we've consistently been a leader in our industry through our focus on innovation and creativity. Our most recent innovation is zookie pro (www.zookiepro.com), a one-stop shop for design, print and bind services that that helps photographers provide an enjoyable experience for their clients and sell more albums.
Employees love the culture at Zookbinders. Our small size creates a supportive, family-like environment where every voice is heard and every opinion is valued. We are innovative, fast-paced, and strategic just like the big corporations, but frown on corporate bureaucracy. We promise our employees new daily challenges and ample opportunities to develop their skills and careers.
So, if people characterize you as friendly, adaptable, outgoing, resilient, a team player, and HUMOROUS, you will fit perfectly in the Zookbinders family!