ZipRecruiter is looking to expand our engineering team. We are small (~35 full time employees), growing rapidly, bootstrapped, and profitable.
We help employers and recruiters distribute their jobs online and screen their applicants. We have a large number of paying customers and job seekers using our service. You will be working directly with the company co-founders and a strong technology team and will have the opportunity to lead significant projects. We pay market competitive salaries and offer generous equity and cash bonuses. We are more laid back than the average startup and more fun than the average BigCo - we're fans of 37signals and we emulate a lot of what they talk about.
We're looking for strong generalist engineers who are happy to learn new technologies, and who are willing to think like product/business people and also personally implement software.
- superb software design and development skills
- experience with general web development and programming in a Linux environment
- some experience with Perl or Python, or a similar language such that you could pick up either quickly.
Nice to have:
- search engine or machine learning experience
- experience with EC2 and other AWS technologies
- experience with MySQL
Technologies we use:
Perl, Python, MySQL, Amazon AWS, Solr