The YMCA of Greater Cleveland is a community based, charitable organization that embraces collaboration to build strong kids, strong families and strong communities. Join our Greater Cleveland YMCA team in living our cause and helping to provide quality, safe and healthy programs and services in our community.
Position: Chief Development Officer
Description: YMCA of Greater Cleveland has an immediate need for a Chief Development Officer who will provide strategic leadership to foster a culture of philanthropy within this leading edge YMCA, committed to Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing and executing our $1 million dollar Annual Fund Campaign in addition to leading the Capital Development Program to raise $3.5 million.
The Chief Development Officer serves as a member of the CEO's strategic leadership team and assists the CEO in developing an actively engaged fundraising volunteer board of directors and positioning the Greater Cleveland YMCA as the "Charity of Choice" within the local community. This role will also lead a strong Philanthropy Team that will strategically cultivate and solicit gifts to benefit Association programs and services by working with branch executives, marketing and finance departments and building a volunteer network throughout all branches.
- Participates with the Chief Executive Officer, senior staff and Board of Directors in charting the organization's course in Financial Development.
- Designs, leads, and manages financial development programs, including annual campaign, major gifts, endowment and planned giving, institutional giving (government grants, foundations, etc.), fundraising events, capital campaigns, and donor management. Produces quality results while maintaining a solid return on investment.
- Leads administration of Financial Development activities. Manages the day-to-day operations of the financial development function, and ensures proper stewardship of all gifts through development and enforcement of tight administrative procedures.
- Equips the Association for financial development activities through the selection, development, motivation and evaluation of human resources, both professional and volunteer.
- Works with the CEO and volunteer leadership to help board, development committee(s) and task forces function effectively in financial development.
- Leads and manages the Financial Development department staff required to achieve strategic goals and objectives. Selects, hires and develops staff. Establishes working priorities, monitors performance and provides feedback on performance. Prepares and manages associated budgets.
- Represents the YMCA of Greater Cleveland, its board and executives to donors, prospects, regulators, volunteers, community members, staff and other YMCA professionals with a positive, professional image.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively with business leaders, community and government officials, volunteers, Board of Directors, and senior management team members.
- Must have at least 5 years of staff supervision and management. Must possess the insights and skills of modern management (i.e. Continuous Improvement) to achieve the goals and objectives of the organization through the efforts of other people.
- The individual is expected to be a highly competent leader and enabler of volunteers and staff.
- Must have demonstrated experience and confidence in asking people to contribute time and money.
- Must have a minimum of 7-10 years' experience in Development and Community Relations. Must have a proven track record in raising both capital ($3 million) and annual ($600,000) funds.
- Bachelor's degree in business or non-profit administration or an equivalent combination of education and related experience is required. Master's degree is preferred. YMCA of the USA Organization Leader certification preferred.
- Must be able to administer all program, fiscal, and personnel policies of the Association. Must be able to delegate appropriate responsibility to efficiently achieve the fundraising goals of the organization.
- Experience in governmental relations is preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as media relations/public affairs experience.
About YMCA of Greater Cleveland: At the Y, our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- A free membership to your local YMCA and discount to YMCA programs including childcare (part-time positions do not receive discount on childcare).
- Additional employee discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a YMCA of Greater Cleveland employee.
- Eligible employees receive comprehensive Benefits Plan including Health, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan, Retirement 8% paid by the YMCA of Greater Cleveland and paid vacation.