“Love Ybor City, want to continue to see it thrive and be part of it's potential, than this is for you!”
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
· Experience in supervising staff
· Experience in facilitating events and meetings
· Willing to work non-stand hours, including evenings and weekends
· Operate independently under direct board oversight and supervision
· Possess a strong public relations background
· Represent Chamber brand in a positive manner
· Ability to speak and present in public
· Ability to think strategically and diplomatically
· Friendly, Outgoing, Collaborative, and Professional
This position reports directly to the Ybor City Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
· Perform professional level work developing, organizing, administering, evaluating as assigned
· Create, coordinate and implement Chamber activities aimed at achieving goals & objectives
· Seek and develop membership and strategic community partners
· Develop and implement a strategic plan to grow membership and increase revenue
· Manage chamber events including luncheons, after hours mixers, and other special events
· Develop and solicit sponsorships for both the Chamber directly as well as special events
· Seek and apply for grants that promote the mission of the Chamber.
· Create press releases to promote events and other
· Serve as the liaison between the Board and Staff
· Represent on various committees and community organizations, including Visit Tampa Bay, Hillsborough Community College, Ybor City Development Corporation, etc.
· Supervise both staff and contractors including the Visitors Information Center
· Conduct the day to day operations of the Chamber
· Manage all Human Resource functions for staff personnel
· Maintain complete accounting records of the Chamber, to include receipt and disbursement of all Chamber funds
· Manage all administrative work of the Chamber
· Implement operating policies
· Implement and promote the Chamber’s mission
Graduation from an accredited four year college or university and three or more years of experience working for a Chamber of Commerce planning and implementing public relations and community events.
OR An equivalent combination of education (not less than possession of a high school diploma/GED), training & experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
· Ability to lift 25 – 40 pounds
· Position may involve extended periods of standing and walking
· Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, collaborative work environment
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Exceptional demonstrated public relations background
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others within and outside own organization
Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
Knowledge of social media platform administration and basic knowledge of website administration
Considerable knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Ability to use considerable initiative, think independently and exercise sound judgment
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
Coordinates action where several organizational entities are involved and follows up to ensure that all details are met
Develops new programs collaboratively with various members and organizations
Reviews operations, identifies strengths and weaknesses of staff and operational areas, and recommends & implements corrective action
Resolves problems encountered during daily operations and determines appropriate solutions
· Manages social media to promote events and members
· Gathers data and creates reports
· Tech-savvy proficient in the use of all standard office programs, including, but not limited to Power Point, Excel, Word, G-Suite, etc.
Performs other related duties as required
To Be Posted at www.ybor.org/jobs
Thank you for applying!
Company address:1800 E. 9th Avenue, Tampa, Florida 33605