Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Senior Network Engineer Jobs in Greensboro, NC
Senior Network Engineer - (#1793)
A Senior Network Engineer is needed for a growing company located in Greensboro, NC.
The Senior Network Engineer will ensure the stability and integrity of Company’s voice, data, video, data center, and wireless network services. Senior Network Engineer will achieve this by planning, designing, and developing local networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN) across the organization. Chosen candidate will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links; will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide mentoring and training of junior staff member when needed.
1. Work with management department leaders and Enterprise Architect to assess near and long term network capacity needs
2. Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records
3. Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration (operations), usage, and disaster recovery.
4. Design and deploy LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including routers, switches, controllers, firewalls, and other hardware
5. Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the network industry.
6. Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades
7. Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
8. Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes
9. Monitor network performance and troubleshooting problem areas
10. Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of enterprise network hardware, software, and peripheral devices
11. Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines and other network appliances
12. Network asset management, maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
13. Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports
14. Network security, audits and system backups and recovery
1. BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering and/or 12 years equivalent work experience
2. CCNP highly desired
3. Experience in LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation
4. Experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices
5. Strong hands-on technical knowledge of network operating systems, CISCO IOS
6. Experience in Routing and Switching required
7. Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet Standards
8. BGP, EIGRP,MPLS, Cisco’s Data Center Network Design and Architecture, as well as Hierarchical Network Design, Cisco Routers and Switches ; 6500 series as well as Nexus 7000, 5000, and 2000 series
9. Strong Troubleshooting experience
10. Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits
11. On call availability 1 week out of every 10 to 14 weeks
12. 10-15% travel
To express interest in this position, please Email Resume in MS-Word or .pdf format and attach cover letter with Salary requirements and contact information. Please be sure to reference Job #1793.
NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE!
About Xpert Staffing:
Xpert Staffing is an Executive/Professional Placement Service firm that specializes in placing Information Technology, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Human Resource, Marketing, and Sales professionals in permanent and contractual positions within top-notch companies located throughout North Carolina, the Southeast and the Nation.
We provided exceptional service to our clients that range from small businesses to the Fortune 100. We pride ourselves on the ethics and professionalism that has guided our team throughout our careers. We heavily service companies throughout the region by providing Staffing expertise backed by years of professional and loyal, on going customer support that is here now and will be here in the future!
Before attempting to align a candidate with a potential employer, we carefully interview and verify the candidate's desire to be presented to a client by reviewing their qualifications and industry related concerns. Your personal information is just that, "Personal" and is never shared with a client without your expressed consent. We value your trust in the handling your employment needs and only pursue opportunities that are of a well stated match and suited for both employee and employer.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Senior Network Engineer jobs in Greensboro, North Carolina: