Sorry, this job was closed 5 years ago. See all open Quality Assurance Supervisor Jobs in Brooks, AB
Quality Assurance Supervisor
We are currently recruiting a Quality Assurance Supervisor for our Brooks, Alberta facility which has the capacity to harvest more than 4,000 cattle per day. This position will be located in Brooks, Alberta, Canada.
Reporting to the QA Superintendent, this position is responsible for a wide variety of reporting duties including:
- Manage facilities process SOPs by coordinating with department managers to ensure a minimum of an annual review is completed for the SOPs, maintain SOP trackers and effectively manage obsolete SOPs;
- Organize and Chair SOP review meetings;
- Support form and SOP changes;
- Work with QA technicians on product SOPs verification and allergen verification;
- Liaison with LCF group for changes and updates in LCF and communicating changes to the laboratory technicians;
- Liaison with RA to ensure label and government approvals are available when changes occur, approved master case label is run on the floor;
- QA lead for product launches, labelling and packaging changes or updates by coordinating and communicating with production, QA and/or external departments, managing databases and providing on the floor support;
- Work with production and designated hourly personnel to update in house master case label and work with material Controller to quarantine and destroy obsolete master case labels, packaging and film;
- Liaison with BU QA to obtain ingredient and/or packaging specification;
- Work with production on cook cycle updates and changes;
- Support hold and release procedures;
- Provide responses for customer and consumer complaints in the absence of QA Manager;
- Identify, lead and support continuous improvement projects;
- Assist in audit preparations and participate in customer and BRC audits;
- Backup to QA Technician when required;
- Backup to QA Manager for quality issues;
- Chair management meetings, food safety meetings in the absence of QA Manager;
- Recognize, support and commit to the facility food safety and quality assurance promise;
- Perform other duties as required.
- College or University degree preferably in Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science or a related discipline;
- 3 – 5 years experience in the food industry, including knowledge of plant processes and manufacturing would be an asset;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Willingness to learn and teach others - be self directed and motivated.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please forward your resume, including your salary expectations to:
Lakeside Packers, a division of XL Foods Inc.
PO Box 1868 Brooks AB T1R 1C6
Fax: 403 501 2413
About XL Foods Inc:
Please visit our website at www.nbinc.com for more information.
Posted date: 5 years ago