XL Foods Inc. is the largest Canadian owned and operated beef processor with facilities in Alberta and Nebraska.
We are currently recruiting a Cost Accountant for our Brooks, Alberta facility which has the capacity to harvest more than 4,000 cattle per day.
This position will be located in Brooks, Alberta, Canada.
Reporting to the Controller, this position is responsible for a wide variety of reporting duties including:
- Yield and packaging cost reporting;
- Daily processing gross margin;
- Weekly profit and loss estimation;
- Statement preparation;
- Perpetual inventory reporting; and
- Cover for associated departments.
While this position is predominately A-Shift, the successful applicant will need the flexibility to work weekends and overtime as needed by operational requirements.
- Minimum 1 – 2 years related experience;
- Strong business background with associated college/university education (Manager of Commerce degree is preferred but equivalent work experience will be considered);
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to deal diplomatically and effectively with stakeholders both internally and externally;
- Proficiency in computer operation and applications (both MS office and proprietary programs; and
- SAP and QMF database skills are a definite asset.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please forward your resume, including your salary expectations to:
Lakeside Packers, a division of XL Foods Inc.
PO Box 1868 Brooks AB T1R 1C6
Fax: 403 501 2413Please visit our website at www.nbinc.com for more information