Reporting directly to the WVC Board of Directors, the CEO is responsible for leading the development and execution of the Organization's short and long-term strategies with a view to creating participant value. The CEO's leadership role also entails being responsible for day to-day management decisions. The CEO acts as a liaison between the Board of Directors and management of the Organization. The CEO also communicates on behalf of the company to participants, team members, Government authorities, and the public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Direct the company in keeping with the Vision and Mission outlined for the company by the Board of Directors
• Partner with the executive team to grow the company, strengthen it and ensure its sustainability
• Work closely with the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) to prepare annual budgets, complete risk analysis on potential investments, and advise the Board of Directors with regard to investment risk and return
• Work closely with Human Resources (HR) regarding hiring practices, payroll and benefit disbursement
• Represent the company as required, including attendance of important functions, industry events and public meetings
• Oversee quality control throughout the company, establishing goals for each department in partnership with division supervisors
• Manage Board activities including development of Board Agendas; maintain accurate records of all Board activities through Minutes of the meetings
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position. An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting, Finance, Medicine or related field
• Eight to ten years of high-level management experience
• Solid business acumen, management, and problem solving skills
• Strong project management & performance measurement skills
• Ability to develop strong relationships and work with senior level executives and Board members
• Able to compile and analyze performance data to develop metrics that support decision- making for resource allocation
• Effective time management, organization, and leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members, other managers, and high level individuals both internally and externally
OTHER POSITION DETAILS
This position requires the ability to work a schedule in accordance with business needs. This position is likely to work hours in excess of 40 per week, as well as occasional weekends and holidays.
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
The daily duties of this position are not physically demanding however, the position does require sitting, standing, walking, use of fingers and hands, stooping, bending, reaching, and lifting.
During the annual conference the level of activity increases and the amount of time spent standing and walking will be heavy.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Working remotely on an as needed basis is allowed for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Safety in the Workplace
Every team member has the responsibility of providing a safe work environment by following all safety policies & standards, completing specified safety training, immediately correcting hazards & unsafe conditions or reporting conditions to the Manager On Duty and/or the Human Resources department, and working safely as not to endanger themselves, co-workers, vendors, or customers. Team Members must follow the laboratory safety policies and participate in safety education programs.
WVC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discharge, compensation or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, gender, or on the basis of disability if the employee can perform the essential functions of the job, with a reasonable accommodation if necessary.
Since 1928, WVC has provided comprehensive, progressive and practical continuing education opportunities to veterinary professionals from all over the world. We are proud to deliver valuable information regarding the latest methodologies to help enhance both animal and human health.
From the Annual Conference, where the best and brightest congregate for five days, to the hands-on, year-round training at the Oquendo Center, WVC is dedicated to providing quality, interactive education.
We are proud to announce that WVC was voted one of NPT's Best Nonprofits to work for in 2018! http://www.thenonprofittimes.com/news-articles/leadership-stability-organizational-flexibility-fundamental-2018-top-nonprofits-work/