The Business Office Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the Business Office and Human Resources. The Business Office Administrative Assistant will perform various tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of human resource and business office duties. They will also be required to routinely assist with various levels of clerical tasks, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist the Human Resource Manager in HR related projects and tasks
· Assist in maintaining confidential personnel files
· Assist in preparing job postings, reviewing resumes and performing phone interviews
· Assist in responding to reference checks and verifications of employment status when needed
· Assist with employee expense reports
· Perform filing and general administrative tasks
· Prepare reports and other documentation for the Business Office as needed
· Handle confidential and non-routine information and explain policies when necessary
· Type and design general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc.
· Assist with open enrollment functions
· Assist with answering phones as needed
· Assist with Business Office related tasks including but not limited clerical work and light accounting
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position. An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
· High level of experience with dealing with highly confidential information
· High School Diploma
· Associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
· 1 - 3 years’ experience in human resources
· 2+ years’ of clerical experience
OTHER POSITION DETAILS
This position requires the ability to work a schedule in accordance with business needs. This position is required to work a routine schedule of 40 hours per week. Additionally, this position may require working occasional overtime, weekends and holidays.
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
The daily duties of this position are not physically demanding however, the position does require sitting, standing, walking, use of fingers and hands, stooping, bending, reaching, and lifting.
During the organization’s Annual Conference, the duties of this position will change and the level of activity will increase, with the amount of time spent standing and walking being heavier than normal.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Safety in the Workplace
Every team member has the responsibility of providing a safe work environment by following all safety policies & standards, completing specified safety training, immediately correcting hazards & unsafe conditions or reporting conditions to the Manager on duty and/or the Human Resources Assistant, and working safely as not to endanger themselves, co-workers, vendors, or customers. Team Members must follow all laboratory safety policies and participate in safety education programs.
WVC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discharge, compensation or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, gender, or on the basis of disability if the employee can perform the essential functions of the job, with a reasonable accommodation if necessary.
Since 1928, WVC has provided comprehensive, progressive and practical continuing education opportunities to veterinary professionals from all over the world. We are proud to deliver valuable information regarding the latest methodologies to help enhance both animal and human health.
From the Annual Conference, where the best and brightest congregate for five days, to the hands-on, year-round training at the Oquendo Center, WVC is dedicated to providing quality, interactive education.
We are proud to announce that WVC was voted one of NPT's Best Nonprofits to work for in 2018! http://www.thenonprofittimes.com/news-articles/leadership-stability-organizational-flexibility-fundamental-2018-top-nonprofits-work/