$40,000 to $70,000 Annually
Vision, Dental, 401K, Medical, Life
Role and Responsibilities
This is a working supervisor position that works as part of a team that is responsible for performing general highway patrolling and maintenance duties that help preserve the EEC (East End Crossing) roads and bridges and ensures public safety. This position is responsible for complying with all requirements of the Public Private Agreement, Technical Provisions and all O&M plans and procedures of the project and at the direction of the General Manager or the Operations and Maintenance Manager.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for supervising all aspects of the maintenance of the project and required scheduling, planning, reporting, tracking, inspecting and monitoring.
- Support the Operation’s and Maintenance Manager with the training of employees in all aspects for required maintenance, inspections, safety, quality, environmental and response activities, etc. for the project.
- Will coordinate with the Operations and Maintenance Manager to plan and schedule activities, maintenance and inspections for the employees to perform on the project in accordance with contract documents.
- Will coordinate with management for any needed contracted work, materials, equipment or services to meet the contract requirements of the project.
- Supervise, preform and train on the maintenance of equipment, building and associated equipment, highways, bridges and other highway facilities. Oversee and schedule equipment maintenance such as: minor repairs, preventative maintenance, refueling, and pre-trip and post-trip inspections; coordinate with management for contracted equipment repairs and maintenance.
- Communicate all issues, concerns, needs and ideas with management staff, regularly and ongoing.
- Responsible for traffic control as required by MUTCD and IMUTCD.
- Responsible for winter operations that include snow and ice removal on an as needed basis 24 X 7 to ensure coverage and performance as required by the contract documents. Oversee brine making operations and ensure adequate quantities of materials are maintained for anti-icing and de-icing operations.
- Shift work may include long-term night shifts and work schedules in which employees change or rotate shifts. Ensures coverage for all project needs.
- Coach, mentor and train employees
- Participate in environmental and sustainability programs. Performs supervises and trains emergency response activities such as: clean-up, traffic control, lane closures, placement of signs, and erecting barricades;
- Filling out reports and forms maintaining accurate records of daily operations. Trains employees, and ensures employees, properly and timely, complete and submit, as appropriate, all forms, reports, work orders and other needed information and documentation.
- Works outdoors in various weather conditions, on various terrains and at various heights or in high volume traffic
- Perform office and computer work as required.
- Appropriately document and resolve personnel issues.
- Other related duties as assigned or required
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Valid CDL is Required (minimum class B with no restrictions) or ability to obtain within 60days.
- Required to submit to and pass a drug test as a condition of employment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. frequently and regularly.
- College degree
- Professional and respectful
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivates crew members to improve the quality of work performed.
- Self-motivated, dependable, common sense and ability to make decisions and provide direction based on good sound judgement, logic and facts.
- Possess high integrity and confidentiality.
- Supervisory Experience
- Construction Experience
- Heavy Equipment Operators Experience
A background check will be made for all applicants. All applicants subject to drug and alcohol testing.
About WVB East End Partners:
WVB East End Partners maintains the new Lewis and Clark Bridge and several miles of highway on either side. WVB maintains all aspects of the road, signing, striping, guardrail, pavement, snow removal, reporting, and lighting.
1700 Old Salem Rd Jeffersonville, IN 47130
9 months ago