REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· In depth knowledge and experience with commonly used purchasing and inventory management concepts, practices, and procedures
· Proficient in using purchasing or ERP systems and in PC based systems, programs and reports (e.g., MS Office Suite) and use of the internet
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of supply chain management, strategic sourcing, inventory management techniques, and contract law
· 10-20% travel
· Demonstrated ability to negotiate multi-million dollar material contracts
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, or related field
· 8 years work experience including 4 years in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, or Industrial Distribution
· 2-3 years leadership or supervisory experience
· Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Access.
· A CPM, CPSM, or APICS (CPIM, CSCP) certification or MBA is preferred.
Manager is responsible for developing and directing strategies of the purchasing and inventory functions within Utility Group, including managerial and administrative responsibilities. The manager is to ensure the development and implementation of strategic initiatives to improve the effectiveness and the efficiency of the group and supported business units. The manager is responsible to direct the daily activities of assigned personnel including developing and maintaining an environment that promotes diversity and high productivity.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
· Oversee the purchasing and materials management functions for the assigned territory within the Utility Group
· Analyzes market conditions keeping abreast of trends affecting product cost and availability
· Manage a staff of senior buyers, buyers and expeditors across multiple locations. Develop and maintain an environment that fosters a high performance culture and a learning organization. Leads in promoting diversity. Serves as a change agent for business initiatives. Ensure timely recognition of employee contributions. Provide leadership to and development of the team. Trains staff on purchasing policies, inventory management strategies, and purchasing activities. Provide accurate and timely feedback regarding performance and operations. Conduct Performance Planning and Appraisal process. Identifies opportunities for growth and learning.
· Manage the multi-million dollar inventory in support of customer service requirements and sales goals while maximizing inventory turns and minimizing excess and obsolete inventory. Identify ongoing supply chain process improvements and inventory reduction opportunities.
· Manage supplier performance including establishing performance goals and expectations and developing appropriate key performance indicators. Represent operations to all material suppliers. Manage and maintain relationships with strategic suppliers to ensure ongoing supply chain process improvements and a high level of supplier performance.
· Oversee the development and implementation of short and long term strategic initiatives designed to ensure the highest levels of customer service, maximum profitability, and optimized inventory investment.
· Interface with other departments within to achieve business unit goals regarding supply chain strategy, purchasing policies, vendor relations, and inventory strategy. Work collaboratively with supplier relations, sales, and operations.
· Support the development of proposals and customer quotes. Review proposals for price, delivery time and quality and then select suppliers.
· Approve and qualify suppliers and authorize purchase orders beyond the assigned limits of their staff.
· Ensure compliance with standard policies, procedures, internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley controls, and quality control processes. Understand and support LEAN programs ISO standards and support procedures for document control, purchasing, process control, corrective and preventative action, and control of quality records.
WorXsiteHR is founded on the principle that in order to be in compliance with all of the ACA rules and regulations, as well as all of the existing labor laws effecting Human Resource professionals, a company must have access to HRX, our totally integrated and FREE Human Capital Management software system, which includes ACA Compliance, Benefits Administration, Payroll, Applicant Tracking, HRIS, Time & Attendance, and ERISA/ACA reporting. Following installation, a strong collaboration between a client's top Management and our team of Consultants will ensure successful implementation.
WorXsiteHR is a full-service Insurance Brokerage and Business Strategy Consulting firm and offers HRX free to companies which utilize us as their Broker of Record for their health care plans. Our Consultants are not merely Insurance Agents, but Business Strategists who act as Consultants to assist companies in making the proper choices for business critical processes. What makes us even more unique, is that we develop our own proprietary software to provide you the means of integrating all of your Human Capital Management tasks in to one web-based system.