Publications Project Manager
At Workforce Integration - Wi? - we know people are the key to successful organizations. So we have concentrated on getting people down to a Science. Ask us Wi?
Our client is seeking a Publications Project Manager to work out of their Ridgefield, CT location. This role is critical to the company's continued success. In this role, in this role:
This role will support the Diabetes Therapeutic Area, and support the Associate Director responsible for the Type 2 diabetes assets. The primary accountability and responsibility for this position is the implementation of US plans and the delivery of US-focused medical, scientific and technical publications. Candidates for this position must be able to work in cross-functional teams to develop innovative publications strategies and plans, represent US team interests globally to ensure alignment of global and US publications strategies and plans, ensure compliance with the company Publications Policy and efficiently manage our external agencies and suppliers.
• Assists in the delivery of the US-specific publication plan for assets in the area of type 2 diabetes
• Ensures that statements and conclusions in publications are supported by appropriate data; ensures medical accuracy through fact checking medical publications;
• Supports cross-functional US Product Publications Teams charged with delivering the US Publication strategy and plan
• Consults and liaises with external authors on matters related to publications activities, if applicable.
• Identifies and manages publications agencies through the effective use of project management skills to ensure the delivery of quality documents
• Edits, as appropriate, publications deliverables (eg, manuscripts, abstracts, posters)
• Works closely with the US Associate Director and Global Publication Manager on all aspects of publication planning and delivery, eg, directs and manages the US review of non-US components of the global publication plan
• Contributes US perspective to the definition of the global product publication strategy and plan (in conjunction with the US and global publications teams for a product)
• Interprets and monitors current and emerging clinical communication issues and guidelines and advises the US Product Team on these issues.
• PhD degree in biomedical discipline, PharmD or equivalent, or MS with extensive experience will be considered
• Knowledge of the drug development process
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, manifested as the ability to express medical information accurately, clearly, and succinctly
• In depth knowledge of, and experience (5 to 7 yrs) in, the preparation of a wide range of publication types (eg, peer-reviewed journals, scientific meetings and congresses)
• Demonstrated ability to manage several projects simultaneously, including dealing with risk and issue management
• Knowledge of external publication guidelines and standards
• Previous experience in Therapeutic Areas of pharmaceutical products; background in Type 2 diabetes a plus.
• Awareness of pharmaceutical business practices
• Knowledge of competitors and competitor products
• Editor in Life Sciences (ELS) certification preferable
• CMPP certification a plus
• Knowledge of Datavision a plus
• DataVision experience a plus
• Prior Pharma industry experience a plus
About Workforce Integration:
Workforce Integration - Wi? is a WBENC certified Recruiting Firm that specializes in a wide range of solutions and services. Our Staff is recognized as market leaders in successfully staffing major Scientific, Clinical Research, QA & Regulatory Affairs, Engineering, and IT projects.
For more than two decades, the professionals at Workforce Integration have advanced the science of staffing. We are experts in developing staffing models which recognize and respond to the complex nature of todays changing workforce and your needs for dynamic workforce opportunities.
The Wi? formula combines intensive recruiting, screening and testing procedures, with the variables of your individual needs such as Contract or Direct Hire placement; and match that with continuously evolving skill-set requirements & specializations.
The final solution blends all of these factors with marketplace demands for innovation, proven performance and the most current expertise to achieve Workforce Integration.
Posted 4 years ago