“Convenient location, supportive management, and great benefits!”
This is a regular, full-time non-exempt position. Salary will depend on experience and qualifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Analyze and record transactions produced through insurance policy management and cash receipts systems
· Reconcile related cash receipts and disbursements, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and suspense balances
· Validate and request payments of monthly premium submissions to insurance companies
· Validate and request payments of monthly commissions to insurance agents
· High level of interaction with policy management operations in external locations, requiring excellent communication and problem resolving methods
· Heavy involvement with internal and external auditors
· 3-4 years current accounting experience, with emphasis in account reconciliation
· BS Degree in Accounting or equivalent, preferred
· Superior analytical and organizational skills
· Advanced Excel proficiency
· Working knowledge of GAAP and financial statement recording
· Highly detailed oriented
· Effective multi-tasker with ability to focus on key priorities
· Ability to build effective working relationships while working as part of a team across multiple locations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to adapt and integrate changes in technology, reporting requirements, external business relationships, etc.
· Quick learner
· Takes initiative
· Professional demeanor
· Medical / Dental / Vision (starts on first of the following month following hire date)
· 401(k) after 30 days with 4% company match
· Generous PTO and holiday pay annually
· Company paid life insurance & long-term disability Other voluntary supplemental plans: Long-term care, short-term disability, critical illness, cancer and accident protection
Must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
About WNC First Insurance Services:
Wilshire National Corporation was founded in 1962 as a captive insurance agency owned and operated by Larwin Corporation, a large national homebuilder and community developer.
WNC Insurance Services, Inc. (WNC), the successor to Wilshire National Corporation, was incorporated in California in 1975. Since that time, WNC has operated as an independent managing general agent, managing general underwriter, program administrator, surplus lines broker and property and casualty agent.
Company address:899 El Centro St., South Pasadena, CA 91030