“Convenient location, supportive management, and great benefits!”
The part-time (20 – 30 hours/week) HR Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting the Naperville office. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, benefits and employment law compliance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Human Resources Responsibilities
Handles employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
Assists onsite management, HR Director and/or CHRO with employee development and performance management activities.
Assists with implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
Handles new hire setup and onboarding, including completion of form I-9.
Assists with processing of terminations.
Assists with coordination of employee training and other onsite events.
Assists with new hire benefits and annual open enrollment process.
Assists with the performance review process.
Assist HR director with various research projects and/or special projects.
Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
Interacts with and supplies information to job applicants, employees, and managers.
Provides operational support to onsite management, Human Resources Director and CHRO.
Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
Perform other duties as assigned.
· Coordinates with hiring manager(s) to determine best recruiting process for position(s) and develop specific recruiting plans; prepares job postings.
· Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as local colleges/universities, career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
· Assists site managers in developing best-practice interviewing and screening techniques.
· Screens and refers qualified applicants to hiring manager for interviewing; may participate in interview process (by phone or in person) as needed.
· May conduct reference checks; coordinates background checks and new-hire drug testing.
· Responds with follow-up letters to candidates at the end of recruiting process.
· Works with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations; maintains records on recruiting activities as required.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
At least 3-5 years of prior human resources experience, including performance management, employee development, recruiting and employee relations.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
PHR or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to discreetly handle confidential information.
Strong decision-making skills.
Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments.
Proficiency in MS Office and in database software.
· Medical / Dental / Vision (starts on first of the following month following hire date if working minimum 30 hours/week)
· 401(k) after 30 days with 4% company match
· Generous PTO and holiday pay annually
· Company paid life insurance & long-term disability for employees working 30+ hours/week
· Other voluntary supplemental plans: Long-term care, short-term disability, critical illness, cancer and accident protection for employees working 30+ hours/week
Must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
About WNC First Insurance Services:
Wilshire National Corporation was founded in 1962 as a captive insurance agency owned and operated by Larwin Corporation, a large national homebuilder and community developer.
WNC Insurance Services, Inc. (WNC), the successor to Wilshire National Corporation, was incorporated in California in 1975. Since that time, WNC has operated as an independent managing general agent, managing general underwriter, program administrator, surplus lines broker and property and casualty agent.
Company address:1804 N. Naper Blvd., Naperville, IL 60563