Nisqually Tribe Construction General Manager
WHH Nisqually Federal Services (WHHNFS) is seeking a General Manager to provide construction operations leadership and vision to our growing business focused on commercial and Federal (Department of Defense) construction projects for the greater Western Washington area.
WHHNFS is a construction general contractor and construction management firm primarily serving the federal government, state and local transportation agencies and tribal entities in Western Washington and Puget Sound. This is a compelling opportunity to join a reputable small company focused on growing its vertical construction operation as part of the Nisqually Tribe.
As a key member of the WHHNFS team, you will provide leadership to all aspects of the business, have profit and loss responsibility for the Company, and make key decisions and recommendations related to safety, profitability, business development, operations, resource management, growth, and teamwork. You will lead other Company managers to formulate operational business strategies, establish goals, and implement solutions.
Must have a proven track record with the following skills:
- 15+ years of experience in the construction industry with at least 5 of those years in a profit center leadership role.
- Familiar with the Army Corps of Engineering 3-phase quality control system.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in all areas of construction operations, including project management, safety, budget, P&L, quality control, and resource management.
- Experience in strategic planning and growth of a business; including business development and sales experience.
- Experience must include facilitating communication and interaction with onsite labor, subcontractors, architects, designers, contracting officers, and owners.
- Knowledge of construction job cost accounting, work in process, and financial reporting to board, bank and bonding companies.
- Knowledge of contracts, claims and dispute resolution.
- Ability to set goals and expectations and hold others accountable.
- Strong communication skills, a strong sense of organization, attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- Proven ability to exhibit critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree or training in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field of study.
- Credible references will be required
This is a great opportunity to join a growing and successful company. WHH Nisqually Federal Services offers top compensation along with a benefits package.