Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Vice President of Jobs in Wheeling, WV
Vice President of Advancement
Vice President for Advancement
The Vice President for Advancement , reports to and works collaboratively with the University President, serves as the senior development officer, and provides strategic and operational leadership for the University’s Office of Institutional Advancement including: capital campaigns, major gift solicitation and procurement, corporate and foundation relations/grants, planned giving, / Alumni relations and giving, public relations, and the development and marketing of the University’s brand. As the University’s major fundraiser, the Vice President, serves as lead strategist and solicitor for acquiring all gifts and donations to the University – with special focus on the Alumni; publicly articulates the University’s mission and vision; and insures communications are professional in appearance and reflect positively on the University.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree is preferred, with a minimum of ten years proven experience in fund-raising leadership in not-for-profit or venture capital but preferably in higher education
- Demonstrated work history inclusive of managerial responsibility, public relations and leadership ability
- Must possess a commitment to support the Wheeling Jesuit University’s Catholic Jesuit mission
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations to individuals and groups
- Demonstrated exceptional professional written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess demonstrated strong supervisory interpersonal and organizational skills
- Multi-task and customer oriented
- The ability to travel up to at least 40% of the time is required
- Personally and independently cultivates, solicits and stewards a portfolio of major donors and gift prospects. Works collaboratively with and supports the President in these initiatives.
- Develops and executes a comprehensive, long-range, fundraising strategy in support of the University’s Strategic Plan including, but not limited to: develops new donor relationships, data-mining sources for potential gifts, creates new fundraising initiatives, and develops programs for bequests and planned giving.
- Develops and executes a comprehensive, long-range capital campaign strategy in support of the University’s Master Plan.
- Develops and executes, in cooperation with the University’s Institutional Advancement Committee, a comprehensive Alumni relations strategy.
- Develops and articulates the University’s brand and executes a comprehensive marketing strategy focused on that brand.
- Collaboratively works with the University’s Marketing and Communications department regarding public relations and marketing/communications strategy in support of University’s.
- Pursues and obtains potential and appropriate federal, corporate and foundation grants.
- Serves as a member of the President’s Executive Committee, helping to guide the strategic direction of the University.
Nominations, inquiries and expressions of interest, which will be held in the strictest confidence, should be submitted as a Microsoft Word attachment to Donald Kaminski, Associate Vice President for Administration at VPAdvancementSearch@wju.edu. Applicants should provide a letter of application, resume or curriculum vitae, and a list of references. Additional information about Wheeling Jesuit University can also be found at www.wju.edu.
The interview committee is being assisted by James Fleming, SJ, Executive Vice President. Questions may be addressed to him directly at email@example.com. Review of candidates will begin immediately and applications will be accepted through March 1, 2013.
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN
About Wheeling Jesuit University:
Wheeling Jesuit University is a higher education institution of academic excellence sustained by a 450 year history of Jesuit education with a proud national leadership position in undergraduate research, an impressive student learning outcomes, and a record of 100% placement in both medical and law schools.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Vice President of jobs in Wheeling, West Virginia:
VP of Customer Success - Fastest Growing Safety Software Company in North America!
The Leadership Agency in Toronto, OH
Posted 18 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Family Medicine, Vice President of Medical Operations for MedExpress in PA
MedExpress in Canonsburg, PA
Posted 3 months ago on PracticeMatch
Family Medicine, Vice President of Medical Operations for MedExpress in Pennsylvania
MedExpress in Southpointe, PA
Posted 3 months ago on PracticeMatch