The primary purpose of this position is to manage and deliver cross functional projects and solutions that support our business objectives and ongoing operations. This includes project planning, execution, implementation and ongoing support. The position will be responsible for relationship management with stakeholders and business units. Management of multiple projects simultaneously (generally medium to large scale) utilizing formal project management methodologies and tracking tools. Organize, lead, monitor, and correct/escalate the progress of the project through regular status meetings, status, updates, and immediate action. Individual will work closely with the Manager of the Project Management Department and other business groups to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives.
The individual in this position is responsible for a variety of different areas including, but not limited to the following:
- The project manager will be responsible for coordination and adoption of Planning, Risk & Issue Management, Change Control, Documentation, Resourcing, Tracking & Reporting, and Stakeholder Management in accordance with established priorities, budget, resources (including personnel), and schedules to achieve project completion.
- Follows established project life cycle principles and practices including the use of project planning and project tracking tools.
- Define and manage project scope, budget, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Ensure that impacted teams/departments are involved and informed as early as possible in the project management process
- Manage expectations and facilitate team communication, negotiation, and decision making.
- Identify and manage risks and conflicts in project plan, budget, schedule, and scope plans to avoid project delays and missed deliverables. Acting as a catalyst to resolve project problems and conflicts, escalating when necessary in a timely manner to the Department Manager.
- Tracking and collecting deliverables throughout the project lifecycle.
- Maintain quality and productivity standards for all assigned projects.
- Manage projects through all phases of development and implementation to facilitate successful project delivery and metrics.
- Assessing strengths and weaknesses at project completion, and applying knowledge gained to next project to continually improve the project methodology and templates for the firm.
- Prepare regular progress reports for the Department Manager.
- Coordinate training for project deployment or through subject matter experts as appropriate.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with four or more years of experience in project management
- Project Management Certification (PMP®) or obtain within 1 year of hire
- Strong project management skills with knowledge and experience with formal project management methodologies
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently with shifting priorities
- Must have experience in: planning, risk management, change management, and issue management
- Demonstrated top notch organization skills, ability to work within processes, attention to detail, and the capacity to manage aggressive timelines when necessary
- A track record of successfully delivered projects