Our client is looking for a talented, highly motivated Data Architect, with 5+ years of experience to work in a fast-paced, energetic environment. The position will work in close collaboration with business and technology team members and leaders to define, design, build, and support an enterprise data model and data warehouse that reflects the current/future needs and capabilities of the business. In this role, you will model a wide range of topics across many functional areas such as product development, sales, operations and performance analytics. The enterprise data model will help to drive future development and facilitate a common understanding of information in support of growth and efficiency goals for the organization.
In addition, the position will provide data architecture support for ongoing applications development projects.
The position will work closely with Senior IS&T and Operational Management, including the CIO and CMIO. Initially, the position will report to the Director, Applications, as part of the IS&T Architecture Team.Key Responsibilities
- Develop and design logical and physical data models:
- Conduct interviews with user and subject matter experts to understand information needs and imbed into a logical data model.
- Review source systems and business publications to accurately capture new data requirements and integrate them into the logical data model.
- Conduct data model reviews with developers, business analysts and subject matter experts to collaborate and gain consensus.
- Keep the logical and physical models synchronized and understand how information translates between the two models.
- Evolve the logical data model over time and work with developers to assure it is leveraged across all projects
- Be an advocate for the practice of modeling in technology and communicate the benefits to the organization
- Work closely with the Interfaces team to assure interfaces are built for the long term
- Drive metadata documentation and make it available to those that dependent upon it.
- Write SQL queries to database for data manipulation and reporting.
- Participate in team and client meetings as requested, including the IS&T Architecture Committee.
- Work on multiple projects with varying levels of complexity.
- Researches, analyzes and resolves problems and issues with minimal supervision and escalate issues as appropriate.Qualifications
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- 4 year degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fieldExperience
- 5+ years of experience working in Computer Science, Business or Engineering related field.
- 5+ years of experience developing logical and physical data models
- 5+ years of experience generating database objects (i.e. tables, indexes, constraints, views, materialized views) using a modeling tool.
- 5+ years of experience writing SQL queries.
- Experience with a modeling tool such as Erwin Data Modeler, ER Studio, or Power Designer a plus.
- Experience with NoSQL and big data concepts such as Hadoop would be a plus.Knowledge and Skills
- Must understand modeling to third normal form and the benefits of normalization.
- Excellent communication capability, both spoken and written.
- Proactive attitude, fast learner, and team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interface with customers, team members, and other colleagues.
- Must be familiar with working in a software development life cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with business partners and relate to their goals and objectives.
- Familiar with XML schema design a plus.
- Familiarity with SOA and Canonical model design also a plus.
- Must understand dimensional modeling as it applies to enterprise data warehouse architecture.
- Experience with Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) a plus