Do you wish you had a stable job where you could use your Commercial Drivers License (CDL) locally and come home every night? Would you enjoy being part of a local community, interacting with customers, and putting your driving skills to use for one of the most recognized companies in America? Do you value being part of a team of drivers and having opportunities to advance your career?
If your answer is yes, then apply for a Driver position today, and help us continue to grow as an industry leader.
At Waste Management
the Residential driver
position is one of our most physically demanding jobs. Drivers are responsible for the collection and hand loading of residential waste, as well as the transporting of this waste by a front-load or rear-load truck to a landfill site.Minimum Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Must be able to speak and read English well enough to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic and signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records
- Must have a valid Class A or B CDL with airbrakes endorsement for the state in which you are applying
- At least 1 year of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL within the past 7 years
- Clean driving record
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen, background and motor vehicle records check and Department of Transportation Physical
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401k plan, Tuition Reimbursement and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
About Waste Management:
Waste Management, Inc. is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. The company is strongly committed to a foundation of financial strength, operating excellence and professionalism.
Posted 2 years ago
Transportation and Storage,
Class A Trucking