“Caring atmosphere, exceptional benefits, and meaningful work.”
We are looking for someone with a ton of initiative, an engaging personality and the ability to roll with the punches to join our labor relations department as a full-time administrative assistant. The ability to flex your schedule and some travel is required.
1. Administrative support for three executives:
Organize and maintain files.
Prepare and proofread correspondence.
Facilitate, document, and manage phone calls.
Prepare expense vouchers.
Arrange travel and lodging.
Manage calendar, schedule appointments and meetings.
Schedule meetings and calls with elected member leadership groups; prepare agendas; record minutes and prepare other communications.
2. Administrative and project management support for meetings and events. Assist with preparation, set-up, registration and sales at member events.
3. Prepare/modify reports, agendas, minutes, correspondence and other documents and follow up on action items.
4. Collaborate in development and implementation of special projects. Assist with special projects including research, compilation of data, and preparation of documents.
5. Assist with survey development and website content maintenance.
6. Assist department staff including:
Maintaining welcome letters, distributing for signature, scanning and filing.
Formatting and reviewing member lists.
Assisting in maintenance of distribution lists.
Baccalaureate degree with emphasis on business, health care or law preferred.
5 years relevant experience required.
Able to handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and take initiative.
Knowledge and experience with Excel, PowerPoint, database management, and email.
Knowledge of standard office procedures.
Ability to operate standard office equipment.
Ability to communicate orally and in writing and follow direction.
Some out of office or overnight travel or early morning or evening hours may be required with prior notice.
A valid driver’s license in the state of residence and access to an operational motor vehicle that is currently insured.
About Washington State Nurses Association:
WSNA is the leading voice and advocate for nurses in Washington. We provide representation and training that allow nurses to reach their full professional potential and focus on caring for patients. WSNA has represented nurses in our state since 1908, leveraging our collective voice to successfully advocate for our nurses and patients to improve the health of individuals and families in Washington State.