Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Technician Jobs in Spring House, PA
Technician, Lab Support
The laboratory technician prepares and weighs samples for testing and analysis. May setup and conduct tests, assays, and other protocols under the direction of a laboratory services manager, researcher, or scientist. Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs). Ensure all laboratory equipment and work areas are clean, sterile, and in proper working order. May be responsible for calibration of instruments and also involved in media prep.
- Complete routine laboratory procedures ensuring accuracy and validity of results and assist with general laboratory procedures such as but not limited to preparation of solvents, buffers, resins, reagent solutions, media prep, etc.
- Prepare samples for analysis including blanks and standards. Make computer data entries as needed including sample log and preparation of sample submission tables. Obtain and report timely and accurate test results according to laboratory policies and procedures.
- Purification laboratory management including simple routine maintenance of lab instruments and troubleshooting. Handle small scale purification post-processing including filling racks, combining fractions, dry down, weighing, checking fractions, and obtaining final LCMS. Requires operation of balance, speed vac, sonicator, Open Access LCMS.
- Store chemicals properly, dispose of chemical waste, adhere to safety procedures, and participate in safety programs. Track and document chemical usage and inventory, and order chemicals for biotech/pharmaceutical related processes as needed.
- Maintain, process, and order laboratory supplies, Maintain files and track orders, Process shipping requests.
- Glass wash operations duties and restocking & ordering of glassware, chemical repacking, cylinder delivery and pickup, managing dry ice and liquid nitrogen dispensing, and waste disposal.
- May perform or assist in the mixing of chemicals for biotech/pharmaceutical related production and processes.
- Work in clean room conditions and wipe down work station to prevent contamination and maintain the integrity of production. Operate laboratory equipment and instruments. Ensure laboratory equipment and work areas are clean and sterilized.
- High school diploma or GED required; associate’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in a laboratory setting and understanding of laboratory equipment a plus
- Spill containment training, IATA, DOT, IMDG and OSHA Right to Know a plus
- Valid Driver’s License and transportation
- Previous experience working in a GMP facility a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues, security clearances and medical checkups.
- Requires knowledge in using various instruments to prepare for and perform tests.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills; display a professional can-do attitude
- Perform duties with the highest regard for safety and quality
- Ability to understand and follow site protocols, policies and procedures
- Must be flexible, forward- thinking, motivated, and have the ability to act independently
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs minimum
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of VWR’s products and services
- Problem-solving skills
Customer Specific Requirements:
The work environment characteristics and physical effort described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typically works in an office, stockroom, or warehousing environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
The associate is required to stand and walk for the majority of the working day. The physical requirements of the job are for associates to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height, reach above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull. Furthermore, the job requires associates to lift/carry/push or pull up to 70 pounds with or without assistance. Associates use both hands for repetitive actions such as grasping and manipulating as well as both feet for repetitive movement operating foots controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to meet goals and objectives: revenue, safety, performance and quality.
- Create programs for enhanced service efficiencies.
- Interfacing with manufacture reps.
- Document SPI Requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to safely lift 25lbs regularly & 50-70lbs on occasion.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit www.VWRjobs.com.
About VWR International:
VWR International, LLC, headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a global laboratory supply and distribution company with worldwide sales in excess of $4.1 billion in 2012. VWR enables the advancement of the world's most critical research through the distribution of a highly diversified product line to most of the world's top companies in the pharmaceutical, biotech, industrial, educational, governmental and healthcare industries. With 160 years of industry experience, VWR offers a well-established distribution network that reaches thousands of specialized labs and facilities spanning the globe. VWR has over 8,000 associates around the world working to streamline the way researchers across North America, Europe, and Asia stock and maintain their labs. In addition, VWR further supports its customers by providing onsite services, storeroom management, product procurement, supply chain systems integration and technical services.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; education assistance; and a credit union.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed. We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Technician jobs in Spring House, Pennsylvania: