Director of Marketing
Vuka Collective - Austin, TX
$60,000 - $75,000 a year
Vuka Collective operates three Austin-grown brands: Gather (event venues), Impact Hub Austin (coworking) and Wake Up (personal and professional development). We have opened a second location in Austin and will continue to expand through the next year.
The Director of Marketing plans and directs the marketing activities for all Vuka entities and leads our strategic channels business, including office leasing, coworking, social impact initiatives, and custom events. An integral part of the venue services, the Marketing Manager is responsible for building Vuka Collective's brands by contributing to strategy and partnering with sales and operations to drive business opportunities in key strategic channels through a mix of analytics, sales tools, collateral, promotions, and campaigns.
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead overall brand strategy for assigned projects, including creation of goals, marketing approach, audience targets, positioning and overall communication strategy.
- Architect local plans that consider paid, owned and earned media, as well as key disciplines (e.g., social, promotions, events, etc.) to build out anchor event plans and present all information in a timely manner.
- Act as a leader and “catalyst” who inspires others to deliver bar-raising, best in class ideas and plans, eliminating barriers that may work against campaigns.
- Identify assets needed for each campaign/initiative and communicate to relevant team(s) in a timely manner.
- Oversee project budgets and work with team to track and forecast, as well as process campaigns in a timely manner.
- Monitor and analyze key marketing metrics (CPP, CPM, etc.), quality and campaign performance.
- Oversee all SEO efforts to optimize online presence and search results in maximizing company/brand exposure.
- Manage all online content including but not limited to social media, website, electronic posting on properties.
- Promotion, brand awareness in all markets to maintain current and execute new business.
- Coordinating all collateral materials including, brochures, print and and web presence.
- Marketing knowledge and experience, preferably marketing events and/or venues.
- Strong demand generation skills and ability to measure ROI of digital campaigns.
- Demonstrated interest and enthusiasm for marketing and communications (advertising, digital, marketing and PR).
- Strong project manager with a keen ability to keep projects on track. Ability to demonstrate leadership and ownership of projects.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong ability to interact with all in a professional, helpful, courteous and tactful manner. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Excellent spelling, grammar and written English skills required.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), graphic design applications, and social media platforms. Ability to create high impact presentations and sales collateral.
- 3+ years of marketing experience, preferably in events, hospitality or tech.
- Demonstrated lead generation experience
- Desire to grow community and reach social impact goals