Software Applications Engineer
Base Salary: 85k – 150k
Pay Period: Annual
Job Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Citizenship or Green Card US Citizen
Experience Required: 5-10 years
Degree Required: 4 Year Degree
Active Security Clearance : The Candidate Must have the following Security Clearance[s]:
Active TS/SCI with Lifestyle Poly
· Performs highly complex systems modeling, simulation and analysis to provide
· Conducts investigations and tests of complex software systems to enhance
performance or to investigate and resolve matters of significance.
· Reviews completion and implementation of technical products to ensure success
· Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of more
· Recommends corrections in complex technical applications and analysis to
· Evaluates vendor capabilities on projects to provide required products or
· Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Provides technical consultation to other organizations; interacts with senior
customer personnel and internal senior management.
· Provides the customer base with first level support.
· Must have a solid background in UNIX programming, TCP/IP networking, and
· Knowledge of MySQL and query optimization.
· Apache, Squid, Redhat Linux knowledge a plus.
· Must have experience running high-traffic web services, including requirements
and capacity analysis, service configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting, and
· Must have demonstrable diagnostic and problem solving skills to ensure an
optimal development environment.
· Must have excellent problem solving skills diagnosing performance issues and
handling large scale systems.
· Must be able to respond to tier 2+ support calls during and outside of normal
business hours and weekends.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Six or more years of experience in software engineering or operating systems
· Experience working with software design principles
Preferred Additional Skills:
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or
related field preferred
· Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills to resolve highly complex
software design issues and create new software for one or more products
· Good leadership skills to mentor, oversee, and lead team members
· Good interpersonal skills to interact with senior customers, management, and
· Good communication skills to interact with team members and senior support
· Ability to synthesize broad and narrow concepts of high complexity and use them
to meet company objectives
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
This position requires the candidate to already possess an active Top Secret/SCI
with Polygraph clearance and to maintain the clearance.
Candidate Must Have :
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and
TS/SCI Clearance with Full-Scope Polygraph
Six or more years of experience in software
engineering or operating systems programming