$9 to $10 Hourly
Dental, Vision, Life, Medical, 401K
We are seeking multiple Seasonal Warehouse Helpers to become an integral part of our team and help us through our busy summer season! This position is responsible for helping the Manufacturing, Shipping, and Materials Management team ensure that customer orders are manufactured, packed, shipped, and/or stored in accordance with company specification. There may be direct hire opportunities at the end of the season for those who are high performers.
Depending on which department that the individual is assigned to, the following functions includes:
- Perform production duties such as manual lifting, packaging, taping, labeling operations, and sorting
- Stack and pile finished store fixtures into designated boxes and containers
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Move completed packages for loading
- Seal boxes with glue and fasteners
- Tag containers with marking tools
- Obtain, move, and sort products, materials, containers, and orders, using hand tools
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
- Fabricates, assembles, reworks, and repairs plastic products, applying knowledge of working characteristics of plastics and bonding techniques, using precision instruments, hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment
- Reads and interprets blueprints, work orders, and related documentation to determine methods and sequence of operations and dimensional and finish specifications
- Meet the quality and quantity specifications as outlined by the customer
- May heat parts or materials to facilitate shaping, using tube heaters
- Ensure working environment is clean and safe
- Report errors in product line immediately
- Utilize hand trucks, hoists, and other material handling equipment to move materials and products as needed for production, shipping, or waste management
- Operate hand tools (including but not limited to electrical and pneumatic powered tools)
- Construct shipping containers, prepare product for shipment, and crate and/or band product as required
- Maintain departmental housekeeping and 5S standards
- Perform duties in accordance with current safety standards
- Perform complex and repetitive assembly to complete sub-assemblies and final assembly of product
- Work to standard operating procedures/work instructions, bill of materials, product specific information, and instruction from Management or Engineering to established procedures
- Responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembly
- Use various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product
- Report irregularities or equipment malfunctions
- Adhere to all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions
- Maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S
- Assist team in achieving plant and department goals
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some High School coursework; High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to follow instructions
- Must be able to work days, evenings, weekends, and extended shifts
- Have reliable transportation
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
About VIRA Insight, LLC:
VIRA Insight designs and manufactures quality custom store fixtures and displays for today's retailer.
Established in 1990s, the company employs more than 300+ team members in Coppell, TX and Perth Amboy, NJ.
If you are looking for an innovative company with a fast paced environment and unlimited growth opportunities, this is the right place for you!
Great benefits as well:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance is offered to all full time employees and their families
- 401K Plan with matching contribution is also offered to all full time employees after an introductory period
Coppell, TX, USA
1 year ago